[Fast reading and writing for multiple XM motors: Using Fast Sync and Fast Bulk Read?]

Hello all,

I’m using 32 dynamixel XM430-W350-R motors and we use group_sync_read.py group_sync_write.py from dynamixel SDK repo in Github. We use J2D2 with JST wires to communicate the motors.

Issues:

1. We cannot read and write at the same time more than 140 Hz based on our tests. If we try to read and write more than 140 Hz, we got random values during reading. I think the reason why we have this issue is that we cannot read and write simultaneously?

My question:

1. It seems that there is a new feature, Fast Sync and Fast Bulk Read, which is available in R+ manager. Would you have any codes in Python or C++, to realize this feature?

2. Or would you have any methods to read and write motors separately? In the end of the day, as long as we can read and write the multiple motors with high frequency (like 250 Hz), I’m happy.

Thank you so much for your kind attention and help in advance. Any comments or suggestions are very appreciated!

Best,