AX-12A and DYNAMIXEL Wizard2.0

Use the following template to help create your post:

1. What model of servo are you using?
    AX-12A

2. Describe your control environment. This includes the controller or interface, and any power source.
    OpenCM9.04

3. Specify the operating mode for applicable models, and any firmware settings you are using.

4. Include pictures if possible.

5. Include a full description of the issue.
    I try to connet my OpenCM9.04 with AX-12A, and I use DYNAMIXEL wizard 2.0 to reset the ID. But the software cannot scan the sevo, and I also use the Recovery model of the software, unfortunately, it dones’t work.When I turn off the power and turn on.
    So, I would like to know, How can I setting my AX-12A sevo?

The OpenCM9.04 is not compatible with DYNAMIXEL Wizard.

Our R+ Manager 2.0 Software can be used with the OpenCM9.04, and also supports firmware reset features.

Hello,Sir
R+Manager2.0 can reset feature of OpenCM9.04, but it dons,t support AX-12A. So,although I have many AX-12A servo motor , I cannot make it run on any platform.

Unfortunately, in this case it seems like you may need to acquire a U2D2 or other serial converter in order to connect your AX-12 servos with DYNAMIXEL Wizard in order to perform a firmware reset.

First, let’s clarify one thing, have you been hooking up your AX-12A directly to the OpenCM-904? That is, you are actually using the OpenCM-904/B (which has DXL connectors for the AX-12A)? If that is the case the procedure to update the firmware on AX-12A with the OpenCM-904/B is complicated, and it involves using older hardware/software that are no longer supported by ROBOTIS, but I made a YouTube video for it a long time ago, if you are interested, please see:

But if you are using the more common OpenCM-904/C which has only DXL connectors for XL-320s, then you will need to get the EXP-485 board in order to use AX-12As:

Do you have the EXP-485 yet? If you do then according to the ROBOTIS Compatibility tables, you should be able to use Manager V.2 to recover Firmware on your AX-12A:

There is a YouTube video also, which @Jonathon already provided in his previous post.

11 months ago, someone had the same issue and got it resolved:

Make sure that you used the right Dynamixel Channel.

Thank you,sir, I askd my friend who is the last motor’s owner.Your right words show that he is right. I can prove need a U2D2 equipment.

Thanks for your explain with patience. Maybe I know how to resetting the ID of AX-12A. I am a layman of that equipment.
Thank you very much. Thumb up!