Dynamixel 2.0 Can't Connect to Servo

Issue:

I have two servos, XD540-T150-R and XM430-W210-R, that work in an ESP32 microcontroller network using RS485 protocol. However, when connected individually to a U2D2 (with the 12v power supply that came with it) on a Windows 10 computer, a scan, using Wizard 2.0 (ver. 2.1.5.7) cannot find either one. The COM port on the computer is shown as active and during the scan, the green LED on the U2D2 blinks rapidly. I have the scan options set for anything possible. The servo LED blinks red once when power is activated. I checked the power pins on the U2D2 RS485 ports and they are 12v. I know the servos work as I can swap them into the ESP32 network and they actuate properly. I have tried the scan at least 20x for each servo and it comes back with nothing.

1 Like

That is very odd. Sounds like that you had set the U2D2 to scan all baud rates and still no DXL found? Do you have other DXLs to try out? TTL types? Also it could be a bad USB cable or bad USB port? Or the U2D2 had gone bad?

Thanks for your reply. I have three DXLs, all RS485. I swapped out the USB cable and no luck. Also, the green LED on the U2D2 blinks rapidly during the scan (all possibilities) which leads me to believe the serial connection is good. Again, I get one red flash on the servos when they are powered up - also a healthy sign. All three work on the ESP32 network. Wizard 2.0 can’t find them and I need to do some troubleshooting.

I figured it out. I’m using the Power Hub in conjunction and didn’t know that another cable needs to be attached between the U2D2 and the Power Hub ports.

Congratulations! Good job figuring that out.

Thanks, Roboteer. I am sorry to waste your time on that one. Now I need to figure out why I get a low voltage error and servo reboot when I’m only drawing 2A using a car battery to operate the ESP32 based system.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.