Dynamixel Wizard 2.0 can't detect my dynamixel AX-12A

Issue:

PROVIDE A THOUROUGH DESCRIPTION OF YOUR ISSUE, THE MORE DETAIL YOU PROVIDE THE EASIER IT WILL BE FOR THE COMMUNITY TO PROVIDE YOU ASSISTANCE

DYNAMIXEL Servo: AX-12A

LIST ALL DYNAMIXEL SERVOS USED IN THIS PROJECT

DYNAMIXEL Controller: Arbotix-m and U2D2

LIST ALL DYNAMIXEL CONTROLLERS USED IN THIS PROJECT

Software Interface: Dynamixel Wizard 2.0

LIST ALL SOFTWARE INTERFACES USED IN THIS PROJECT

I just test my arm robot with ax-12a servo but the servo can’t connect to dynamixel wizard 2.0 , I use 7 servo for my arm robot, the arbotix just supply the servo. I just wan’t to now my servo id(Sometimes dynamixel wizard can read,but sometimes dynamixel wizard can’t read). In addition, if you have solution to read my id with just using arbotix board that’s will solve my other case too.
I will put my wiring on the bottom
The black connector for ax-12a and the white connector is for u2d2. I hope it can solve quickly hehe :blush:

For Arbotix issues, you must ask Arbotix folks instead posting on this forum.

Still, if you are just using the Arbotix to power your DXLs, the Dynamixel Wizard 2 should have been able to detect your AX-12A via the U2D2 (assuming that you used the correct DXL protocol 1.0). The reason that your setup did not work for you so far, it could be that somehow your Arbotix board and the PC where you are running DXL Wizard + U2D2 do not share a common ground.

Also I could not see the X3P cable you used clearly on your picture, but are you sure that you are using the so-called “compatible” X3P cable between the U2D2 and the DXL connector on the Arbotix board?