My question concerns a Dynamixel XM540-W270 servomotor with ID 2 in a network of 9 servomotors (7 XM540-W270 and 2 XM430-W350, in fact it is part of a robotic arm : vx300s from trossen robotics).
I was trying to update the firmware of the servomotors using Dynamixel wizard 2.0 when I lost connection during the update of the servomotor with ID 2.
After this happened, the baud rates of the servomotors with ID 3 and 4 changed, and I’m unable to find the servomotor with ID 2 anymore.
I’ve tried inspecting the ID with the baud rate it had before and with the default baud rate (57600bps), but I haven’t been able to detect the servomotor. I’ve also tried scanning with no conditions, but still no luck.
I can still detect (and control) all the other 8 servomotors.
Do you have any suggestions for troubleshooting steps or solutions to help me locate the servomotor? I’ve checked the physical connections and cables, but that doesn’t seem to be the issue.
What are you using to check the problem servo? Dynamixel Wizard and U2D2? If so just hook up that servo to U2D2 by itself and let Dynamixel Wizard scan all possible baud rates. In the past I had to recover firmware several times to get a servo back into operation
The fastest solution would be to use the DYNAMIXEL Wizard firmware reset tool to reupload the firmware of the DYNAMIXEL in question. It’s likely that the firmware was corrupted during the failed update, and a full reset will most likely resolve the issue.
Thank you both for your responses. I will follow your advice and use Dynamixel Wizard 2.0 to scan all baud rates with the servo motor alone, outside of the network. If that does not resolve the issue, I will try the firmware recovery function to restore the original firmware. I will keep you uptdated if it works. Thank you again for your help.