Issue with installing OpenCR board onto Arduino 1.8.19 and 2.3.2

Issue: Install issue for OpenCR with Arduino on Windows 11

PROVIDE A THOUROUGH DESCRIPTION OF YOUR ISSUE, THE MORE DETAIL YOU PROVIDE THE EASIER IT WILL BE FOR THE COMMUNITY TO PROVIDE YOU ASSISTANCE

@willson and @Jonathon

OpenCR-1, Using Arduino 1.8.19 on Windows 11.

Following the board install instruction (V. 1.5.3) from this link was OK:

However, in the middle of the installation, ARDUINO IDE gave a Java Error as shown below:

Stream is not in the BZip2 format
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Stream is not in the BZip2 format
at cc.arduino.contributions.packages.ui.ContributionManagerUI.lambda$onInstallPressed$2(ContributionManagerUI.java:179)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Stream is not in the BZip2 format
at org.apache.commons.compress.compressors.bzip2.BZip2CompressorInputStream.init(BZip2CompressorInputStream.java:240)
at org.apache.commons.compress.compressors.bzip2.BZip2CompressorInputStream.(BZip2CompressorInputStream.java:132)
at org.apache.commons.compress.compressors.bzip2.BZip2CompressorInputStream.(BZip2CompressorInputStream.java:109)
at cc.arduino.utils.ArchiveExtractor.extract(ArchiveExtractor.java:97)
at cc.arduino.utils.ArchiveExtractor.extract(ArchiveExtractor.java:82)
at cc.arduino.contributions.packages.ContributionInstaller.install(ContributionInstaller.java:158)
at cc.arduino.contributions.packages.ui.ContributionManagerUI.lambda$onInstallPressed$2(ContributionManagerUI.java:172)
… 1 more
Could not find boards.txt in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\OpenCR\hardware\OpenCR\1.5.3. Is it pre-1.5?

And when I checked deeper inside the above AppData folder, I found that no OpenCR files were copied into it.

So, I had to copy manually those files from the GITHUB OpenCR ZIP file into the appropriate folder. After that I can make Arduino work fine with Arduino 1.8.19 and Arduino 2.3.2. However, it will see the OpenCR board as “unknown”:

But my existing code using the Dynamixel2Arduino library works fine as before.

DYNAMIXEL Servo:

LIST ALL DYNAMIXEL SERVOS USED IN THIS PROJECT

XL-430

DYNAMIXEL Controller:

LIST ALL DYNAMIXEL CONTROLLERS USED IN THIS PROJECT

OpenCR-1

Software Interface:

LIST ALL SOFTWARE INTERFACES USED IN THIS PROJECT

Arduino 1.8.19 and Arduino 2.3.2