Loctite on Engineerkit1

Hi.
I had an Engineerkit1 and I make a max. at the end of making max, I use Loctite 243 for his chest but after 10 min, I saw the screw hole was broken. so am I using from wrong Loctite?

Unlike metal, plastics have a low coefficient of thermal expansion, so using the typical threadlockers for metals can cause cracks in plastics.

There are various brands that offer threadlockers specifically designed for use with plastics. Some examples include:

• Loctite 222MS Plastic Screwlock: This threadlocker is designed specifically for plastic materials and is suitable for small screws and machine components.
  • Permabond LH050: This product has high adhesion and low viscosity, making it suitable for use with plastic materials. It has excellent chemical resistance and can be used in various environments.
  • 3M Scotch-Weld Plastic & Rubber Instant Adhesive PR100: This high-strength adhesive is designed for use with plastics and rubber. It has low viscosity and can be easily applied with a spray or brush.
  • Henkel Hysol 830: This threadlocker has low viscosity and is suitable for use with plastics and various other materials. It maintains its adhesion even at low temperatures and is resistant to moisture and chemicals.

These products are just a few examples of threadlockers designed for use with plastics, and there are various brands and products available. It is important to choose the right product for your specific application and environment.

1 Like