I am currently starting a project in which I need to control a Dynamixel servo motor using an Arduino Uno. After following many tutorials, what should of been a quick setup has left me with a motor that will not turn or even exhibit holding torque (the power light does blink once though when power is connected).
- MX- 64 dynamixel motor
- Arduino Uno
- Dynamixel Shield
- 12V power supply (that is able to provide the required current and does not unexpectedly drop below this voltage)
Currently I am just trying to run the position_mode dynamixel shield example code.
- Connect dynamixel shield to Arduino Uno
- Connect MX-64 motor to the first TTL pin (furthest from power switch of the three)
- Connect the Arduino Uno usb connection to my computer
- connect the 12V power supply to the dynamixel shield and have the shields power switch off (have tested with on and off while uploading code and it didn’t make a difference)
- switch UART switch to the upload position
- bring up the position_mode example sketch (from the dynamixelShield section of examples)
- from the tools menu, select the Arduino Uno as my board and the COM port the Uno is recognised on (COM8) for the port
- upload the code using the arrow button (no errors when doing this are thrown)
- switch the UART switch to the dynamixel mode once uploaded
- switch the dynamixel shield power on if it wasn’t allready
- hit the Arduino Uno reset button (done without this step and no difference)
I have both the DynamixelShield and Dynamixel2Arduino libraries included.
Unfortunately as of now I do not have access to a LN101 to see what the dynamixel is doing serial wise but considering the simplicity of what I’m trying to do I shouldn’t need it.
Any help will be much appreciated