Open RB extremely hot to the touch

Hi Everyone! I am new to the whole dynamixel system, and I just bough the Open RB 150 to use on a robotic arm project. I plugged the open RB into my laptop and noticed that it was getting extremely hot (just plugged into my laptop). Specifically, I think it is chip labeled U3, but is this normal?

I decided to go ahead and solder my 12v connections, and try to connect to my Dynamxel ax12 servos.I double checked that I changed over the jumper to use the VIN power, but the Dynamixel wizard can not find the servos and the open RB is getting extremely hot. I am looking for any suggestions on what to try

This sounds like your OpenRB-150 board may be damaged or defective, and should be submitted to ROBOTIS for repair.

If you would like your hardware repaired by ROBOTIS, you can submit an RMA request to your region’s ROBOTIS retailer.

When submitting your items for RMA service please be advised: in the event that the units are not covered under warranty you will be responsible for the cost of shipping + repairs (labor/components) before ROBOTIS may return the RMA units.

To proceed with RMA service fill out the the appropriate form from the list above to open a request with your region’s RMA team. In addition, you may find the troubleshooting self-checklist useful to assist in filling out the RMA request form.