Download the 'ROS Robot Programming' Book for Free!

Thanks for sharing this resource! It’s great to have a recent ROS book.

1 Like

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Thanks for your contribution, 非常感谢~

1 Like

Thank you very much and hope to be of great help~

1 Like

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanck you so much!!!

1 Like

Thank you! looking forward to read this.
Very helpful to me

1 Like

Thank you for your contribution

1 Like

Brings a tear to my eye! Thank you so much!

1 Like

thanks a lot :smile:

1 Like

Hi !

I am new, and honestly have no idea about robotics, But my dream is to be an astrounaut :small_airplane: and i will work on this in the next 10 years. It takes long time. And I am sure that robotics and AI will be a key part on the mission to Mars.

Thank you very much that you share this with the world, and dont ask money for it.

It will be frustating it will be boring sometimes. But try to be with people who inspire you and when you have positiv tought and energy dont hesitate share that with those people and you will get back when you are down, then together ore alone you will suceed !

Have a good day all ! :smile: :small_airplane:

1 Like

just wow!
this is a great book. great.
thank you ROBOTIS team you are great…:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks very much for being so generous with your book. It is very much appreciated.

-Terry

1 Like

Thank you very for this outstanding work and leting it free for open community.

1 Like

Thank you, this looks good!

1 Like

Thank you. Finally, I got the copy :slight_smile:

Thank you very much!!!

I would like to translate a book from English into Thai (Nonprofit). But I concern about copyright. Please guide me. Thanks

1 Like

@thanaphon
Wow! That’s a good suggestion. Thank you for letting me know before translating.

I am licensing this book in different languages. The publisher ‘Ruby Paper’ has Korean version, and the publisher ‘Ohmsha’ has a Japanese version. English and Chinese versions are owned by publisher ‘ROBOTIS’.

I don’t have a plan on publishing other languages, but you can translate them if you want.
However, it must be a public version and be available for free users. If it satisfies this condition, I am ok. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thx alot for this book :heart_eyes:
this book obviously encourage me to jump into ROS and make my bot ROSified within very short time.

but still, as a beginner in ROS, i still have something out of my mind.
let’s say, i have intel realsense on hand, and that cheap ¥1000 chinese YDLidar, they come with handy ROS driver as u mentioned in this book. going with that D415 or D435 is still a nice way to go for the upcoming years unless someday velodyne offers us super sale discount at $500.:money_mouth_face:

how about motor controller? i only know to plug them all to USB port. sure, i do have the protocol or AT command to send command or query for some info. in short, i can make those motors move, spinning, even from the shell, as easy as accessing the ttyUSB0 (for example), and send the text command, and done. or just read it the replied info to get some information.

but what should i do next with this unROSified controller?
where should i write all of these AT commands?
or should i stick with only ROSified controller such as roboteq?
well, not many options left :sob:
at least for now.

i have visited many forums, googling for days, reading your book also, but still no idea how to deal with the unROSified controllers.
so far i only found… ROSserial :sob:
yup… “connect the controller to arduino and use ROSserial, then connect that arduino to your PC” :sob:

if u don’t mind, would u please give me a clue where should i go next?
that would be a big help for me to get my bot ROSified and start with confident to enter the ROS jungle and sure… start my journey.

anyway, this book is really great for me and anyone who want to jump to ROS. it’s really clear on describing ROS and encourage ppl like me to place bet on ROS :rofl:

thx alot for creating this book. even u r really nice for translating this book into chinese.
perhaps someday i will have chance to treat u guys for some beer and let my bot serve us on the beach.

cheers…