Download the 'ROS Robot Programming' Book for Free!

Hi @simba,
I would appreciate it if you post a new question or a general article. :smile:

Thank you very much for this amazing book! @Pyo.
I added it to goodreaders. Could you please edit the information if there is anything wrong?
Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @SubhiH,

Thank you for adding to the list. How about adding a download link like this:
Free Download Link: Download the 'ROS Robot Programming' Book for Free! - Learning Resources - Robotsource

1 Like

Sure! I really liked the book and found it very beneficial. Thanks!

I have been going through the book and the videos. I can see how much excellent work and care went into it which I really appreciate!

I do have a question - and I don’t want to sound ungrateful :slight_smile:

My students use python not c++ for their work, and I believe there is a quite a large subset of the community using Python. I am wondering why C++ was chosen for the book, and also whether there are any plans in the works for a Python ‘translation’ of the book or of the slides?

Again please don’t be mad at me for asking. The book is fantastic!

1 Like

Hi @pitosalas,
I appreciate your attention and consideration. The ROS supports various programming languages such as Java, JS as well as C ++ and Python. I know that in recent years, Python users have become quite large and easy to use. The TurtleBot3 we are developing also adds python code to a large percentage of the packages we have recently added.

The reason I explain it in C ++ in the book is that I need to deal with the source code of the embedded board like Chapter #9. However, the two languages were unified rather than explained. I don’t plan on releasing the revision described in python code. However, if you have a chance then, I will be publishing a book or content that will only be described in the python language. There is no plan yet. :slight_smile:

I am very grateful that you gave me a good opinion. Thanks. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks again.

I hand’t come across this discourse board before. Where should we participate if we are working with Robotis Turtlebot3, here or in answers.ros.org? I want to make sure that my questions are seen by the right community!

Hi @pitosalas
ROS Overall questions are answered.ros.org, TurtleBot3 related questions, please use the link below Github issue. Here robotsource is an overall forum for robot development. Anything related to robots is good. :smile:

1 Like

Hi

I cannot download the material when I try to open the link, I get an error saying “Your connection is not private” with an error ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID. I tried opening it from different browsers but I still had the same problem. Any Ideas?

Hi @Manne,
I just tested it and can download it without problems like image below.

Apologies, It was a network error, my university was blocking it. It worked from my home network. Thank you

1 Like

Ok, Thank you for your reply. When I have finished translate to Thai. I’ll let you know again.

Thanks.

Hello @Pyo

Are you planning to publish a kindle version of this book ? I do most of my book readings on kindle and I will be more than happy to help in publishing this book to kindle if you need my help.

Thank you for making this book accessible. I’m new to robotics but not technology. I hope to expand my knowledge base into the field of robotics.

Soy de Mexico Puebla, Exelente libro. Exelente aportacion a la comunidad estudiantil saludos

Thank you for your effort. Excellent !

The " [ROS机器人编程 (中文)]" links is broken,could you re-upload that? Please.

Thanks , It’s really appreciate for me :slight_smile:

一直想找一本这样的书好好学习一下,很期待这本书。