How to use camera in ros_kinetic or noetic

저는 Openmanipulator-x를 사용하고 있습니다. 현재 Ubuntu 20.04를 사용하고 있고 ros_noetic, realsense를 사용하고 있습니다. 예제를 하는 도중에 Perceptions 예제로 카메라를통해 AR-Marker를 인식하는 동작을 하고 싶습니다. 하지만 Library를 다운받는 부분부터 문제가 발생했습니다. 기존에 Ubuntu16.04를 사용했고 카메라 Library설치 실패를 동일하게 겪었습니다. 혹시 Noetic에서 사용할 수 있는 방법을 알려주실수 있을까요?

I’m using OpenManipulator-X. Currently, I’m on Ubuntu 20.04 with ROS Noetic and RealSense. While trying out examples, I encountered an issue starting from downloading the library part. I used Ubuntu 16.04 before and faced the same camera library installation failure. Could you please guide me on how to proceed with this in Noetic?

Certainly! Here’s a concise answer you could post on the Robotis forum:

"Hello,

To use OpenManipulator-X with ROS Noetic and RealSense camera on Ubuntu 20.04, you may encounter issues with library installation for camera support. Here’s a suggested approach to resolve this:

1. First, ensure that your ROS Noetic installation is set up correctly on Ubuntu 20.04.

2. For RealSense camera support, you can install the necessary ROS packages using the following command:
    sudo apt-get install ros-noetic-realsense2-camera

3. Make sure to also install any additional dependencies required for RealSense support.

4. Once the packages are installed, you can proceed with running the Perception example to recognize AR-Markers through the camera.

hope it helps

1 Like