A 3D printable, open-source upgrade kit for the Turtlebot3 Burger.
Hello again all! After the popularity of my LEONARDO upgrade kit for the Turtlebot3 Waffle Pi I was inspired to adapt my upgrade kit for the Burger version of the Turtlebot3 platform! Thank you for all the positive feedback on my original project, it was a joy bringing you this new one!
Just like with my original LEONARDO project I have created a fully documented GitHub repository for the MICHELANGELO project. The repository contains all of the information you’d need to upgrade your own robot or start your very own project based on the design. The kit overview section below will give you a brief idea of the MICHELANGLEO project, but if you want the full details you can follow the GitHub link to the project repository!
If you’d like to see more maker projects and shop life, follow me on Instagram:
- Enclosures: Fully 3D printable enclosures for both the Burger’s Raspberry Pi and OpenCR boards, with solid mounting points.
- Multi-Generation Support: The MICHEALANGELO kit supports both the Raspberry Pi 3B+ and the Raspberry Pi 4 versions of the Turtlebot3 Burger. This project repository contains unique Raspberry Pi enclosure models for both versions of the Burger.
- Solid LIDAR Mount: A 3D printable solid mount for the LDS-01 LIDAR unit.
- Improved User Experience: The MICHELANGELO kit reimagines the construction of the Turtlebot3 burger making it easier to access key ports on the system’s control boards. At the same time the kit’s reconstruction makes the robot easier to disassemble and customize.
- Improved Modularity: The MICHELANGELO upgrade kit adds modular enclosures and mounts to all of the key components of the Turtlbot3 Burger. This allows each of these components to easily be relocated, swapped out or customized as the user see’s fit. CAD documentation for all models are included in this repository to allow users to create their own custom variants depending on their needs.
The MICHELANGELO - Turtlebot3 Burger Upgrade Kit by Travis Guy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.