Need assistance with DYNAMIXEL networking issue on ROS Melodic

Hello Robotis community,

I’m currently facing a networking challenge with my DYNAMIXEL setup on ROS Melodic, and I’m hoping someone here might be able to offer some insight.

Here’s what’s going on:

I have a DYNAMIXEL-based robotic system running ROS Melodic on Ubuntu 18.04, and I’ve encountered a problem with networking between the DYNAMIXELs and my computer. Specifically, I’m having difficulty establishing a stable connection between the DYNAMIXELs and the ROS master node on my computer.

I’ve double-checked all the wiring and power connections, and everything appears to be in order. The DYNAMIXELs are powered and connected to the same network as my computer, and I can communicate with them using the DYNAMIXEL Wizard software. However, when I try to run ROS nodes to control the DYNAMIXELs, I encounter intermittent connection issues.
I also check this: Cannot catkin_make on the Ros Dynamixel sdkmendix But I have not found any solution.

I’ve tried restarting both the DYNAMIXELs and my computer, as well as reconfiguring the ROS network settings, but the problem persists. I suspect there may be some configuration issue or network interference causing the problem, but I’m not sure where to start troubleshooting.

Please guide me in this!

Thank you all in advance for your help and support!

What kind of connection issues are you experiencing?

Is the communication with the servos over the serial line the problem, or with the ROS node itself?