R+ motion 2.0 motion file downloading problem

로보티즈 프리미엄 휴머노이드 C버전 조립 후 모션 파일 다운로드 과정에서 문제가 발생했습니다.

R+ motion 1.0은 제 노트북에서 아예 열리지 않아 2.0 프로그램으로 시도했고, 연결 및 동기화까지 성공했습니다. 16개 관절 모두 동기화로 작동 확인 성공했습니다.
문제는 모션 파일을 다운 받으려고 할 때, 개별 파일 혹은 모션 그룹 모두 다운로드에 실패한다는 점입니다.
다운로드를 실패할 때마다 '다운로드를 실패했습니다’라는 경고문만 출력됩니다.
그리고 다운로드 실패 후에는 동기화 또한 정상적으로 되지 않습니다.
'제어기 연결 - 동기화 - 다운로드 시도 - 다운로드 실패 - 동기화 실패 - 재연결’을 반복 중입니다.
다운로드 실패의 원인이 뭘까요?

CM-530 제어기는 펌웨어 업데이트를 마친 상태입니다. 다이나믹셀의 경우, 펌웨어 업데이트는 하지 않았고 로보티즈 홈페이지상 자가진단만으로 정상 판정을 받은 상태입니다.

+) r+ manager, R+ task에서보다 R+ 모션에서만 특히나 제어기 연결이 더딘 느낌이 듭니다. 한 번에 연결되지 않고 전원과 모드를 손본 이후에야 연결이 됩니다. 혹시 이 현상과 모션 파일 다운로드 실패과 관련이 있을까요?

Are you using USB cable? or Bluetooth Connections? via BT-210 or BT-410?

I’m using mini usb cable

Good, the USB Cable is the best for troubleshooting. Just to be sure:

1. You said that you could connect Motion 2 to the Premium and saw all 16 servos for Humanoid C and you can get to play the example Motion Units on your robot, right?
  2. You just have problems when downloading the actual Motion Group to the CM-530, right?

Let’s try to use Manager V.1 (the one from the real old ROBOPLUS Suite V.1), can Manager v.1 see all 16 servos? and can Manager V1 test move these servos OK?

RoboPlus_1

Also can you just download any TASK program to this CM-530 using TASK V.2 OK?

If the last two tests work out OK for you, then we would know that your USB cable works well between your laptop and CM-530. And as you had already done Firmware Recovery on your CM-530, the only thing that I can think of is that somehow part of the memory section of the CM-530 reserved for Motion data (where the Motion Group data is downloaded to) is somehow corrupted or gone bad? so the CM-530 could not verify a successful download? If this is the case, there is nothing that regular users like us can do for this issue.

How old is this CM-530? Still under warranty? Do you have another CM-530 that you can swap out?

Last resort, can you try TASK V.3 to see you can get any better result?

Thanks for the answer.
I dont have trouble using manager v1 and task v2, so i think maybe cm-530 has memory problem as you just said.

but using motion v2, I’m able to only connect, synchronize, and move each servo under synchronization. not only is motion group file, but also each example motion file not working…
task file can be downloaded but example motion and motion group file can’t downloaded.
I’m curious about if it is still memory problem.

+) cm-530 I’m trying is newer controller among my two cm-530s. both are about 9 years old and not used more than 4 years.
Still, i can try the other cm-530.

I tried two CM-530 downloading using both task v3 and motion v2.
strangely, both controllers have trouble connecting, especially using task v3 and motion v2. In manager v1 and task v2, there is no trouble connecting controller.

When I try connecting task v3&motion v2, both controllers beep in blue led(programming mode) but fail to connect in most times.
When connecting is made once in 10 tries, downloading problem is still there.
Connecting is hardley made and once it is connected, both controllers can be synchronized but not be able to download the motion files (including conducting example motion).

Is there same memory problem in both CM-530? or Is my mini usb cable that is not good at connecting motion v2 broken?

So I pull out my Humanoid A that I have not used since 2017 (and I know that 4 DXLs are no longer working), and here is what I found out:

1. Manager 1 and Task 2 worked fine

Check_DXL_3

1. Motion 2 would not even connect right at the beginning, so I could not even try out the example Motion Units.

2. However Motion 1 connected OK.

Motion1

In your case, did you say that you cannot use MOTION 1?

So I tried another CM-530, and that one connected OK. Manager 1 and Task 2 worked fine. And surprising both Motion 1 and Motion 2 connected and worked fine.

So I think that some of our CM-530s are getting too old, so some of their memory blocks are getting bad from usage. I’ll need a new CM-530 myself!

oh… that’s such a bad news.
In that case, maybe I can try motion v1 in another pc.
Do you know any special pc environment where motion v1 is not working?
I tried my laptop and office desktop, but motion v1 was not implemented.(just loading and nothing happening)

Or, can i get a/s for my old CM-530?
I feel so sorry that the only problem in my controller is memory…

While trying several ways, I knew very strange things. When I connect cm-530 ALONE(with cables unconnected to servos), it connects very well and also there is no downloading problem.
This is so good for me, but I don’t know why this happens.

I am glad that you found a work-around for your issue. :grinning:

I also found another weird thing when I checked on my own CM-530/Humanoid A further. If I used MOTION V1, I can download “new” MTN file to any of my CM-530 OK >> this means that there is nothing wrong with this memory section on the CM-530. So right now for me, CM-530 only works properly with TASK 1 and MOTION 1. I know that back in 2017, TASK 2 and MOTION 2 worked properly with CM-530 also, but that has been a long time. Who knows may be Windows has something has to do with this issue too. I am running Windows 11.

At present, for me, somehow MOTION V2 does not like to download MTNX files to the CM-530 any more (although TASK 2 is downloading OK). So this is not a user issue, I am sending notice to @Jonathon and @Jason at ROBOTIS to see if ROBOTIS Tech Support can have a look at the issue.

That’s weird… I’m also using windows 11, and all three windows11 pc I tried cannot implement motion2.
I hope these software problem to solved soon.

Anyway, I’m so grateful for your help.

If tech support team successfully solve these issues, How can I get the notice about the update?

Each time that you start MOTION 2, it will self-check to see if there is a new update, and it will notify you.

Also, I just tested MOTION V.2 on a Windows 10 PC, and it connected and downloaded my files fine. So, this issue is definitely related to Windows 11 in some way, may be recently too. (@Jonathon & @Jason)

When I used TASK 3 in Windows 11, it will connect to the CM-530 OK, but will not download the MTN file (“failed to download” message)

TASK3

Oh, I see. I’m looking forward to the updates.

Thanks for your help!!