XL-320 Servos Unresponsive

I am using Dynamixel XL-320 servos connected to an OpenCM9.04 board and the Robotis 3.7V Li-Ion battery.

I am trying to run the servos using the Arduino IDE and built in examples in the OpenCM9.04 library. Blinking the LED on the board works but when the read_write example is run, the servos are unresponsive.

My control environment is Ubuntu 20.04 on a Lenovo ThinkPad

1. If you try running the read_write example with only a single servo connected, does the servo respond?
  2. have you tried running the ping or scan examples with only a single servo connected?
  3. When the servos are connected to the powered-on OpenCM board, do the red lights on the back of the servo blink?
  1. The read_write example does not work with a single servos
  2. The ping example results in a successful scan that returns ID: 1 ModelNumber: 0
  3. No the red lights on the back of the servo do not blink

Could this be a problem caused by the battery voltage being too low?

It does look like it’s a voltage issue. The XL320 is rated for 7.4v input, normally provided by using two of the 3.7v batteries in series.

It seemed worthwhile to test if the single battery would be able to provide enough voltage to run the servos, but it looks like that isn’t the case after all.